Sunday, February 19, 2012

Friends or Frenemies?

Don't you just hate when those people you hardly even know add you on Facebook? But wait, go through all of your friends on your friends list right now. Do you know all of those people well enough to call them a 'close friend'? If so, then you are among one of the few people left who can claim that achievement. I definitely do not just stick to adding my close friends on Facebook.
But why do we add people we may not like on these social networking sites, where we wouldn't dare talk to them in the real world? Is it for the bigger number of friends on your list? Is it for comparing yourself to these people? Most of us do add people who are not our close friends, and my question to you is why?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's reasonable to be FB friends with anyone you interact with in real life. Usually, however, my more obscure friends added me and not the other way around. I think mostly it's that I feel bad not accepting requests--though if I have literally never talked to the person, I do reject them...

    And dude, you're using blogger now! Were you using blogger before?

    ReplyDelete